Search continues for Haldwani violence mastermind Abdul, Uttarakhand government demands more central forces

By Priyanka Tiwari February 11, 2024 9:38 PM IST

Haldwani violence mastermind Abdul Search continues Uttarakhand government demands more central force- India TV Hindi

Image Source : PTI
25 accused of Haldwani violence arrested

In the last 24 hours, 25 more people have been arrested for inciting violence in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, three days ago, while the search for the main accused Abdul Malik is still going on. Nainital Senior Superintendent of Police Prahlad Meena told a press conference here on Sunday that 30 people have been arrested so far in connection with the incident. Five people were earlier arrested in connection with the incident that took place on February 8. He said that the search for Abdul Malik, the main accused in the incident, is still going on. Earlier, police sources had said that Malik has been arrested from Delhi and is being brought to Haldwani. On the other hand, the Chief Minister said on the social media platform ‘X’ that the action against the miscreants and anarchical elements involved in the incident in Haldwani is continuing and all the rioters are being arrested one by one.

Proceedings continue against the accused of Haldwani

He also made it clear that the ongoing campaign against encroachment in the state will continue. He said, “Whatever encroachment is there in the state, action will definitely be taken against it and this campaign will not be stopped.” Later, during a public meeting at Lohaghat in Champawat, he said that those who carried out the incident in Haldwani will be arrested. No rioter will be spared no matter how influential he is. He said that the loss will also be compensated by the rioters. During the demolition of illegal madrassa and namaz place in ‘Malik Ka Bagicha’ located in Banbhulpura, the administrative staff was attacked by a mob of local people. During this time, the unruly elements in the crowd pelted stones from the rooftops, threw petrol bombs, set vehicles on fire and burnt down the Banbhulpura police station. To handle the worsening situation, the police used force in which six people were killed. After the curfew was lifted in the rest of Haldwani except Banbhulpura area, on the instructions of Nainital District Magistrate Vandana Singh, the administration smoothened the essential services in Banbhulpura also.

Government demanded central forces

Along with streamlining the Banbhulpura Primary Health Centre, medical stores were also opened. One and a half year old sick child Mohammad Izhaan, living in line number 17 of the area, was taken to the hospital and treated and after that he was dropped at home in a government vehicle. On the other hand, in view of the violence in Haldwani, the Uttarakhand government has demanded more central forces to deal with the situation. Officials said here that a demand has been made from the Home Ministry for four companies of Central Paramilitary Forces with 100 personnel each so that law and order can be maintained in the violence-hit Banbhulpura area. He said that Chief Secretary Radha Raturi has sent a request to the Center in this regard. About 1000 security personnel are already deployed in Banbhulpura. According to information received from Nainital Police, internet facilities have been restored in Haldwani. However, a warning has also been issued that if any person posts a post on social media that disturbs communal harmony and law and order, then strict action will be taken against him.

(input language)

Latest India News