Australia defeated India unilaterally in the final match of the ICC ODI World Cup. With this, Australia won this title for the sixth time in 50 over format. In world cricket, the Australian team has won an ICC trophy for the 10th time by combining all three formats. Apart from the bowlers, Travis Head also played an important role in Australia’s victory in the final match, who also played a brilliant century against India in the final of the World Test Championship.
Virat Kohli scored the most runs in the tournament
In the final match, Indian fans once again expected a big innings from Virat Kohli, but he could only manage to score a half-century. Whereas Kohli could definitely win the award for being the player who scored the most runs in this tournament. Kohli scored 765 runs with the bat in 11 innings at an average of 95.62. This is also the record for the most runs scored by any player in any edition of the World Cup so far. In the final match, Australian opening batsman Travis Head was successful in winning the title of Player of the Match, who played a match-winning inning of 137 runs in this match.
Virat Kohli started this tournament very well, after which he managed to score 50 plus runs 9 times in 11 innings. At the same time, Kohli also made the record of scoring most centuries in ODI, when he scored his 50th ODI century against New Zealand in the semi-final match. In this World Cup, the complete dominance of the Indian players was seen, in which Virat Kohli scored the most runs, while Mohammed Shami left everyone behind in terms of taking wickets and took 24 wickets in his name in just 7 innings. .
See here which player received which award in the World Cup 2023.
- Player of the Tournament – Virat Kohli (765 runs and one wicket)
- Most runs in the tournament (Golden Bat) – Virat Kohli (765 runs in 11 innings)
- Player of the Match (Final) – Travis Head (137 runs)
- Highest individual score in the tournament – Glenn Maxwell (201 not out)
- Most centuries in the tournament – Quinton de Kock (four centuries)
- Most half-centuries in the tournament – Virat Kohli (6 half-centuries)
- Most sixes in the tournament – Rohit Sharma (31 sixes)
- Most catches in the tournament – Daryl Mitchell (11 catches)
- Most wickets in the tournament (Golden Ball) – 24 wickets
- Best bowling in a match in the tournament – Mohammed Shami (7 wickets for 57 runs against New Zealand)
- Most dismissals by a wicketkeeper in the tournament – Quinton de Kock (20 dismissals)
read this also
Mohammed Shami became the biggest king, left bowlers from all over the world behind
IND vs AUS: What was feared happened! This incident happened with Team India for the first time in World Cup 2023.
Latest Cricket News